Saturday, October 30, 2010

$1000 saved in a week!!!



Okay, so you are probably thinking,"Yeah Right!" With my husband and I working hard to see if we could cut out some "fat" in our budget(we just did our financial goals for next year) we will able to save $1000!!! Of course, I know everyone does not want, nor care to do this. We don't watch a lot of productive tv, so we figured cutting cable would help us spend more time together, READ more and of course love on our new baby. The savings would be throughout the course of the year. How did we do it?

1) Used to Pay $52.50 a month with Comcast for internet and basic Cable. Now pay $14.95 for AT&T's internet and nothing for basic cable. Savings-Around $37 dollars a month ($444 a year). The funny thing was I ordered AT&T and then realized we did not have phone jacks in any of our extra bedrooms. When I called to cancelled, they offered to come out and put one in my office for FREE instead of me paying $90!!!!For basic cable we just got an outside antenna. We now get 21 channels for FREE!!!


2) Called Around for New Homeowners Insurance....We cancelled our current policy and called around to get a better quote and we did ...That alone saved us around $200 (This one surprised me the most, because last year I had saved $150 by calling around)


3) I Have not officially done this but I am planning on it. Another way we are trying to save is on our phone bill. WE are looking at a pre-paid service such as MetroPCS or At&T pre-paid. This alone, I have calculated that I could save around $30 a month ($360 a year)

The reasons I write this post it to just let everyone know you can save money, just by calling around. Do I think everyone will go down to having an antenna for their tv??? NO WAY....however it is just another way..if you are willing to save more money. This works for us, it may not work for you at all, but even what you currently have may be able to be reduced. Asking never hurt and most companies want to keep your business.

No comments:

Post a Comment